11.18.2013

birthday girls


My girls turned 8 today. I'm not entirely sure when this happened, but it did.  All 4 of my kids have graduated out of their booster seats. This feels strange to us. The girls are 8 and the boys are 9 and 10. No one in our home is 'little' anymore.

At bedtime tonight, Gracie mentioned that I was hugging her this morning right as she turned 8 [at 10:48]. "You hugged me between 7 and 8 years old, Mommy. That's a special memory for me," she said.

And when I tucked Lily in, she asked, "Why can't we ask God to start our day over?"  I couldn't agree more. It was a perfect day!

Phil made them special pancakes for breakfast. We did our schoolwork, then we headed to the American Girl Store for a little birthday tea party.

We ended the day with cake, presents, skype calls, face time and phone calls from many of you who love these girls, too, and helped to make their day so special!



Happy Birthday, Sweet Girls!









3 comments:

gramma said...

thanks so much for sharing such an exciting day with us. I can't imagine your car without booster seats.

emyann said...

What a sweet post and special memories for them. Gracie's hug comment melted my heart. I love you all <3

Basking in the Son said...

That is so cute that Gracie said you hugged her between 7 and 8.